Corporate Social Responsibilty
Visaka Industries, as a responsible Corporate Citizen has always been at the forefront in giving back to the society. Even before the CSR law is mandated, Visaka Industries limited involved and contributed immensely to the society through various charitable activities for various section of societies.
Visaka Industries Limited established Visaka Charitable Trust in the year 2000. The trust mainly works in the areas of water supply, education and health. Post establishment, the Trust has carried out the following activities in and around its factory establishments spread across India.
Some of the notable contributions are illustrated below for reference.
- VIL CSR POLICY
- Dug 2000 bore wells in remote villages which were thirsting for drinking water. Worth Rs.6,00,00,000/- ( 6 Crores)
- Donated patrolling Jeep to Necklace Road Police Station worth of Rs.5,00,000/-
- Supplying of Drinking water through tankers & Donation for Various water supply Schemes. Worth Rs.40,00,000/-
- Construction of irrigation tanks in remote villages which has benefited about 400 poorest of poor families belonging to Scheduled Caste. Worth Rs.40,00,000/-
- Built 60 classrooms for schools/colleges. Worth Rs.1,20,00,000/-
- Reimbursement of salaries of 25 teachers worth Rs.80,00,000/-
- Provided Classroom furniture for schools at 1000 villages. Worth Rs.1,50,00,000/-
- Provided Night Shelter For Street Children at Secunderabad. Worth Rs.1,30,000/-
- Donated Rs.90,000/- at Peddapally for Minority Girls Junior College.
- Conducted 4 eye camps which have resulted in restoring eye sight to about 500 old People. Worth Rs.6, 00,000/-
- Conducted 3 mega health camps benefiting about 3000 people. Worth Rs.4,00,000/-
- Donated 1050 Sewing machines for poor families. Worth Rs.25,20,000/-
- Donated Rs.2,50,000/- to Care Hospital for poor children Heart Disease / Surgery
- Donated Rs. 10,00,000/- for Tsunami Relief Fund
- Conducted health camp and donated artificial limbs worth of Rs. 5,00,000/- and benefited 500 poor physically handicapped people at Chennur
- Donated Rs. 1,20,000/- to Govt. Degree College, Godavarikhani towards the introduction of conventional courses of B.A. & B.Com.
- Donated Rs. 5,00,000/- to Lion’s Club, Godavarikhani for blood bank.
- Donated Rs.4,30,00,000/- to Hyderabad Cricket Association for construction of International Cricket Stadium.
- Donated Rs. 1,00,000/- towards School Uniforms for Mentally Handicapped Persons at Godavarikhani.
- Donated Pilot Training Poor Student worth Rs. 5,00,000/-
- Donated Rs. 10,00,000/- for Seminar on creating awareness about career options and opportunities among students. ( Friends Union for Energising Lives)
- Donated to DR. B.R. Ambedkar College for construction of new building Rs. 1,50,00,000/-.
- Tamilnadu Floods contribution
- Kerala floods contribution
- Facilitating water for irrigation purpose
- Health & Eye care camps for rural people
- Building of bus shelters in rural areas.
- Donation of patrolling vehicles to police dept.
- Care for the Children with Heart Ailments
- Visaka International Cricket Stadium promoting sports