Corporate Social Responsibilty
Visaka Industries, as a responsible Corporate Citizen has always been at the forefront in giving back to society. Even before the CSR law was made, Visaka Industries Limited contributed immensely to society through various charitable activities for diverse sections of the community.
Visaka Industries Limited established Visaka Charitable Trust in the year 2000. The trust mainly works in the areas of water supply, education, and health. Post establishment, it has carried out the following activities in and around its factory establishments spread across India.
Some of the notable contributions are illustrated below for reference.
- VIL CSR POLICY
- Dug 2000 bore wells in remote villages which were deprived of drinking water, worth Rs. 6,00,00,000/- ( 6 Crores)
- Donated a patrolling jeep to Necklace Road Police Station, worth Rs. 5,00,000/-
- Supplied drinking water through tankers and donated to various water supply schemes, worth Rs. 40,00,000/-
- Construction of irrigation tanks in remote villages, which have benefited about 400 underprivileged families, worth Rs. 40,00,000/-
- Built 60 classrooms for schools and colleges, worth Rs. 1,20,00,000/-
- Reimbursement of the salaries of 25 teachers, worth Rs. 80,00,000/-
- Provided classroom furniture for schools at 1000 villages, worth Rs. 1,50,00,000/-
- Provided night shelter for street children at Secunderabad, worth Rs. 1,30,000/-
- Donated Rs. 90,000/- at Peddapally to Minority Girls Junior College
- Conducted four eye camps which have resulted in restoring eyesight to about 500 older people, worth Rs. 6, 00,000/-
- Conducted three mega health camps benefiting about 3000 people, worth Rs. 4,00,000/-
- Donated 1050 sewing machines to low-income families, worth Rs. 25,20,000/-
- Donated Rs. 2,50,000/- to Care Hospital for underprivileged children with heart disease or those who require surgery
- Donated Rs. 10,00,000/- towards the Tsunami Relief Fund
- Conducted health camp and donated prosthetic limbs worth Rs. 5,00,000/- and benefited 500 needy physically disadvantaged people at Chennur
- Donated Rs. 1,20,000/- to Govt. Degree College, Godavarikhani towards the introduction of conventional courses of B A & B Com
- Donated Rs. 5,00,000/- to Lion’s Club, Godavarikhani for the blood bank
- Donated Rs. 4,30,00,000/- to Hyderabad Cricket Association for the construction of International Cricket Stadium.
- Donated Rs. 1,00,000/- toward school uniforms for mentally challenged persons at Godavarikhani.
- Donated Rs. 5,00,000/- for the pilot training of underprivileged students
- Donated Rs. 10,00,000/- for a seminar on creating awareness about career options and opportunities among students (Friends Union for Energising Lives)
- Donated Rs. 1,50,00,000/- to Dr B R Ambedkar College for the construction of a new building
- Tamil Nadu floods contribution
- Kerala floods contribution
- Facilitating water for irrigation purposes
- Health and eye-care camps for rural people
- The building of bus shelters in rural areas
- Donation of patrolling vehicles to the police department
- Care for the Children with Heart Ailments
- Visaka International Cricket Stadium promoting sports