Visaka Industries Limited as a responsible corporate organisation strongly believes that corporates who benefit from the society must give back to the society; that an organisation with the power to affect human lives must use the power wisely.
It is with this as its central philosophy, that the Visaka Charitable Trust was set up in 2000. It has donated over Rs.13 crores for social causes like education and clean drinking water to the poor in various parts of the country. It continues to do outstanding work, touching thousands of lives every day.
- Installation of Bore Wells for safe drinking water
- Classrooms for schools in underdeveloped areas
- Donating funds for Education of children
- Facilitating water for irrigation purpose
- Health & Eye care camps for rural people
- Building of bus shelters in rural areas.
- Donation of patrolling vehicles to police dept.
- Care for the Children with Heart Ailments
- Visaka International Cricket Stadium promoting sports
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
At Visaka, CSR is no mere acronym, is an integral part of the Visaka’s culture imbibed by one and all involved in the working of the Company.
As a responsible corporate entity of India, Visaka has already undertaken various activities and provided drinking water by digging bore wells, constructed irrigation tanks in remote villag.es, built class rooms and supplied furniture in schools and colleges, reimbursed salaries of teachers appointed on temporary basis and conducted health camps.
Year after year, Visaka has continued to address all walks of life raising the human index of the country which still remains abysmal for a multitude of people, in sharp contrast with the islands of affluence dominating the country’s growth profile.
Our vision is to actively contribute to the social and economic development of the communities in which we operate. In doing, so to build a better, sustainable way of life for the weaker sections of society and raise the country’s human development index. As part of its vision, Visaka identifies the following activities to be undertaken as CSR activities under its CSR Policy either directly on its own or indirectly through its owned trusts or such other associations or contributing to the eligible and recognised outside associations or partly by one mode and partly by the other mode or any combination thereof :
1. Promote education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
2. Rural development projects
3. Eradicating hunger; poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
4. Promote gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
5. Provide Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic Sports
6. Ensure environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water
7. Protect national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts.
8. Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents
9. contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government or the State Governments for socio-economic development and relief and funds for the welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
10. Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
11. Slum area development
12. Such other areas as may be specified as CSR activities under Schedule VII from time to time.